Options

Adding bank details to invoices

ArtisanFlowerArtisanFlower Member Posts: 2

Hello, I am using Wave for a couple of weeks.

I added bank details already to my default memo but I have realised when I convert an estimate to an invoice, it is showing the memo from the estimate - which is annoying!

Any solution for this?

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @ArtisanFlower.

This is by design, actually. When you turn an estimate into an invoice, it takes all of the content from that estimate and pastes it to the invoice template without changes. You would have to change that memo manually or use the same automatic memo in your estimates.

With that said, you aren't the first person to bring this up and I'm happy to share your feedback with the team at WaveHQ. I completely understand why you would assume that's how it works.

Could you tell me a bit more about your business? What kind of business do you run (I don't want to assume, but I'd guess you're a florist form the username)? How do you use estimate right now? Do you use the memo section for something else on your estimates?

• Options
    BWI_BWI_ Member Posts: 14

im also having the same issue

• Options
    ArtisanFlowerArtisanFlower Member Posts: 2

Hello @Alexia thank you for your reply! Yes we are a florist, mainly using the Wave app for invoices for our corporate contracts and especially weddings. We use the "Estimates" to send quotes - for every 3 quotes we get 1 order. The estimate memo says "Thank you for your inquiry and if you have questions or blah blah" then the invoice memo reads "Payments may be made as follows; bank details etc" - When I convert a quote to an invoice, it looks stupid to say thank you for your inquiry

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

That's an absolutely reasonable reaction, @ArtisanFlower! It's always frustrating to expect something to work a certain way and be (unpleasantly) surprised when it works differently.

For now, you'll either have to adapt your estimate memo to cover all of your bases or copy-paste the right information after you make your estimate into an invoice. I recognize those aren't perfect solutions and might be inconvenient to put in practice, but it's what will have to be done for the time being. @BWI_, this applies to you as well.

@ArtisanFlower, I noticed that you're in a country where we offer payment processing. You could get around having to enter your banking information on your invoices by accepting credit payments through Wave. Plus, your sales would be added to your accounting automatically. Check out this page if you'd like more information.