Options

Point System not working in invoicing

NadiaGENNadiaGEN Member Posts: 4

Having an issue in the invoicing tab when I want to add the amount of hours worked.

For example if I try to type .65 the point will disappear or it will turn it into 6.5, I'm struggling to mark the hours, I have tried this on to different wave logins and both are doing this.

Comments

• Options
    Dante_BulluckDante_Bulluck Member Posts: 52 ✭✭

Have you tried entering 0.65 instead? That's working fine for me. I think you can't have just a period in that field, which is why Wave panics a bit when you highlight the whole field and enter a period. I don't truly know, but that's my theory.

• Options

It's a new thing always been able to quickly do a point then the amount needed, only noticed it since Monday that it wont allow me to do that which use to be much easier, yes can go 0.65 but if you trying to be quick some times that's just an added thing, almost landed up giving a client a higher bill because we weren't paying attention to that.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @NadiaGEN.

Are you using Google Chrome by any chance? I've seen similar issues in other places with Chrome recently (they have their own way to handle numbers fields) and I'm curious if that's what you're running into as well.

I just tested it out on Firefox. You won't be able to save your invoice if there are no unit numbers on there either, but Firefox won't move your cursor around either. It might be a bit safer to use.

• Options

Hi @Alexia

I just checked on Internet Explorer and it works fine, so weird completely crossed my mind to try other browsers.

Thank you so much for your input that is going to help so much

edited August 21, 2018
  • Options

As big a fan of Chrome as I am, @NadiaGEN, I'm with you on this one, it handles these fields in a really unintuitive way.

I'm happy to hear switching browsers fixed things! I do recommend Firefox over Internet Explorer, however. It's a faster browser, and it tends to be more stable with Wave than Internet Explorer is.

• Options

Thank you so much @Alexia will give firefox a try and see how it goes, really appreciate the help.

• Options

It was my pleasure!