Options

Wave+ Question

TaxLabTaxLab Member Posts: 22

How did you guys determine the fees associated with Wave+ services?

As you know some of us use Wave to help manage the bookkeeping for our clients. If we refer them to Wave then we are exposing them to a pricing model for perceived similar service.

Because the service is perceived to be similar it may or may not set the discussion of pricing for such services.

I would be good to understand how you came to that figure and what might influence it in the future.

edited August 29, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @TaxLab.

To answer your first point: we did a ton of research. We looked up the prices for similar service, factored in our business model and processes. We eventually landed on the current fees we have for Wave Plus.

The biggest objective of Wave Plus is to get users up-and-running, to make sure they get started on the right foot and learn to get the most out of Wave. While we do offer bookkeeping services, we have a very strong focus on onboarding. We want, first and foremost, to help users get started and give them the knowledge they need to understand their books.

The people who do want an accountant might prefer the personal aspect of having a resource they can physically visit, or someone who's more knowledgeable about local tax regulations (which isn't something we get involved with).

It's also important to take into account that Wave Plus is in its infancy. We're proud of our new product, but it is a new product.

• Options
    TaxLabTaxLab Member Posts: 22

Thank you, @Alexia. Are you contracting out those services or are they staying in-house?

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @TaxLab.

They are an in-house team! They're actually set up right behind me (which is useful for when I have my own accounting questions!). You can assume that if you're talking to a Wave representative, they're one of us :)