I need to delete my (unverified) primary email

DemacdaveDemacdave Member Posts: 2

Hi
When I signed up I made an error in my email address .. as a result I now have a primary email address that is not my email … I have since entered the correct email address as my secondary email address however I am unable to delete my (wrong) primary email address as both addresses are unable to be verified as a verification email will be sent to the wrong address .. I hope the above makes sense

Thank you

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Demacdave.

You should receive a verification for your secondary email sent to that email address. You'll just have to enter the right password when you log in.

You won't be able to reset your password, however, but once you've made it into Wave, you can change the primary email on your account by clicking the name of your business in the top-left corner and going to Manage your profile. After that, head to "Email and Connected accounts", change the primary account and delete the bad one.

• DemacdaveDemacdave Member Posts: 2

Thanks Alexia
    For some strange reason the verification for the secondary email has not seemed to arrive at that email address .. I therefore assumed it was being sent to the incorrect primary email address … I am therefore still stuck and unable to change the primary account over and then delete the original bad primary account … I will however attempt to verify my (correct) secondary email again .. i get to the page that says "You should receive the email within the next few minutes." .. but I have do not received a verification email .. sorry to be a pain

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Demacdave.

I can see it was delivered successfully to your secondary email on the 19th. It was sent by welcome@waveapps.com.

Have you checked your spam folder? It might have ended up there.