Options

New to Wave| Recurring Invoices/Payments?

Sk8rAdminSk8rAdmin Member Posts: 1

Hello,
I've been playing around with some dummy accounts on Wave trying to configure it to do what I hope, but I'm having no luck.

I wish to setup Wave to monitor payments for our skating club. At the start of the season, members contract a set number of ice hours for a set fee. They can pay this up front or pay it as monthly installments. I would like to set up Wave so that my members can get an invoice/statement each month to a) remind them to pay and b) present them with their decreasing amount(s) due.

Any ideas of how to set this up? I tried entering the ice hours as products, but it seems to want to add the same product each month to the invoice. I admit, I could be doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Sk8rAdmin.

It isn't possible to send an invoice as well as a customer statement for the total owed automatically in Wave. My recommendation would be to create a single invoice for the year to come and accept multiple partial payments. You could adjust the due date after each payment. To make the payment structure clear, you could either make each month into a separate line item or write out the details in the Notes section. This invoice would always show the payments done thus far, as well as the remaining balance.

If the monthly payments are always the same, you could set up a recurring invoice. Everything would be automated, but they wouldn't see the total remaining balance to pay for the year. If the number of hours is variable, but the price isn't, you could make your line item "Skating rink rental fees", set the quantity to "1" and set the price as what you charge monthly.

Does this help?