Options

Bill payment and bank account

JasonWilson1970JasonWilson1970 Member Posts: 1

Hi guys.
Need some help to understand something.I am a production manager by profession but have opted to start my own business.
i have set up Wave as best as I can , but am wondering about something.
If i create a bill and go through all the steps and click on the add payment , does it automatically send notification to my connected bank account to pay my vendor.
Thanks.

edited August 29, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @JasonWilson1970.

No, recording a payment just records it to your bill. It'll create a matching transaction on your accounting page, but doesn't actually move any money around. For the time being, you cannot use Wave to pay vendors, only to keep track of your accounts payable with various vendors.

If you have an active bank connection uploading your transactions to Wave, instead of recording a bill payment from the Bills page, find the transaction for this payment on the Transactions page. Set the category to "Payment for a Bill in Wave". You'll then get to select a specific bill. This will mark your bill as paid and will make sure you don't get duplicated transaction (one from your bill being recorded as paid and another one from your bank connection).

I hope this helps!