Options

How to delay recurring invoices due date?

GeraldGerald Member Posts: 1

Thanks for taking the time to read my email. I have a few questions to ask about how to effectively set up a recurring invoice to my customers.

I run a badminton academy teaching kids & adults how to play badminton. And I charge students either monthly or per term (3 months).

However, I use a drop-in system where the student pays only when they attend a lesson.

Hence, the recurring invoice usually needs to be shifted back at least 2 weeks to as much as a month (kids taking a month-long break for exams).

The next question I have is what happens if they fail to pay by the due date?

The last question I am wondering is when does the next recurring invoice cycle start? After their latest payment or does it start right after the latest invoice date?

I could simply tell my students to delay payments until they've finished their lessons but they might pay past the due date and I have no idea what is the implications on the subsequent recurring invoices.

Any advice is deeply appreciated!

Best regards,
Gerald

Comments

• Options
    JenHopfJenHopf Member Posts: 18

Good news, @Gerald. You can just go your recurring invoice page, click on the one you want to change and just change the date. It won't affect past invoices at all.

If your clients don't pay by the due date, the invoice will be overdue. That's all. What you do in those cases is up to you. You can send a reminder by clicking that invoice on the invoice page. There's an option somewhere on there to send a reminder.

Your recurring invoice is only created on the sending date you set. So if it's sent out on the first of the month, it'll be created on the first. That invoice then exists by itself on your invoices page. Does this all help out?

If this is for an invoice that was already sent out, you can edit it on the invoices page. You can resend it afterwards if you need to.