Options

How about adding new column in customer table

nittoprimanittoprima Member Posts: 3

My suggestion for the next release/version:
I think the Customer's Table should have 'CATEGORY' or 'TAG' field. It is for type of business or something else to categorize a customer.
i.e Diamond Corp is a gems supplier, while Sand Corp is a building material supplier, so it will be entered in the 'category' field.

edited August 29, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @nittoprima.

Can you tell us a bit more about the kind of insight you would get from these tags? Do you have a large list of clients that is difficult to navigate? How do you imagine you would use a feature like this one?

The more information you can share, the better we'll be able to understand your needs.

• Options
    nittoprimanittoprima Member Posts: 3

Thanks for fast response.

Sometimes, I handle about 100-150 tenants for an exhibition. For some reasons, I need to categorize them into the specific groups.

Let say I have an open registration or invitation to every small business in my town to participate in an exhibition. Then I have 20 exhibitors in the "water treatment" business, 15 exhibitors in the "paint" business, 19 in the "fire protection" business, and so on. The payment has to in full before date.

After all invoiced paid, I have to arrange them into booth slots and localize into areas. So, I can export all data into Excel, and make a pivot. The result is a summarized exhibitor, and I can count how much area needed for each category/tag.

Right now, every time I export customer data to Excel, I have to add a column/field manually via table lookup. Thus I think, a column/field added to the customer table in Waveapps is very helpful.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for following up, @nittoprima.

Like for any feature suggestion, I can't promise this is something that will be added to Wave, but your feedback does play a major role in how we choose what to build next. Thank you for taking the time to share yours.

For the time being, you could add that tag before that business' name. It might look a little strange, but since the customer list is organized alphabetically, it'll keep all your customers with the same "tag" together. It's very much a workaround, but it might help out!