Options

Estimate Feature Suggestions

elaine_Celaine_C Member Posts: 5

I use estimate to show my clients the detailed break down and total cost. From there I convert estimate to multiple invoices over the time, based on the payment terms.
It will be greatly helpful if the estimate can:
1. Track/automatically record which invoices are convert from it (but also give the option to remove, should such invoice is canceled)
2. Ability to record (either automatic or even manually enter) the status of those invoice (paid & how much), and calculate the unpaid balance.

That way I can send updated estimate once an invoice(s) are paid and recorded to let my clients know exactly what's the total, how much is paid, and the balance.

edited August 29, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @elaine_C, thank you for your feedback

It seems to me like you're looking for the "Customer Statement". You can send one of those to your client and they'll see a breakdown of all of their unpaid invoices, as well as links to all those invoices. Have you looked at Customer Statements before? You can find them under Sales.

It isn't quite everything you're asking for, but it does seem to respond to your needs in the second point.

As for the first one, would the ability to tag invoice by project also work? You could also simply create one large invoice and accept partial payments to that invoice every payment term. Each payment would be shown on the invoice, and so would the remaining amount due.

• Options

@Alexia
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    Customer Statement is for all the invoices to this customer. I'm looking for track the invoices by their estimate/job/project number. Since when you look at the list of invoices, it only tells you invoice number, client, amount, etc., but doesn't really show sub title to remind me what project it is.

Please kindly advise how to tag invoice by project? That might work.
    I'm not sure how the large invoice to accept partial payments work. It sounds like a good idea too. But just not sure how... will it cause duplicated income (or AR), how to record it when payment hit bank -- which invoice to link with, etc.

Thank you very much!

• Options

Hi, @Elaine_C.

It isn't currently possible to tag invoices by project at this time. I was just curious if having that ability, as well as the ability to generate some sort of report for that tag, would be what you're looking for. It would give me a better idea of your needs, as well as a feature suggestion to forward to our product team.

The concerns you list are helpful in doing this as well!

• Options

Hi Alexia, yes, I believe the tag feature would be helpful. Just like if you open an invoice, it will show which Estimate (if any) it was converted from (with link). But it doesn't show what other invoices are generated from the same estimate. Also, when you at the estimate page, it doesn't tell you which invoices it has generated.
    For now, I just manually put them in the foot notes. But would be awesome, the system can track them automatically.

Thank you

• Options

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback, @elaine_C!