Cancel an invoice?

ThereseTherese Member Posts: 17

Is it possible to cancel an invoice that I have already approved and sent to the client? The situation is as follows: a travel agent booked a room for a customer for two nights and I sent the invoice (not yet due). A month later they changed the booking to three nights. I sent a new invoice for the extra night. Now they inform me that they want only one invoice for a total of three nights. So I need to cancel the two invoices already sent (2 nights & 1 night) and send another invoice for 3 nights. What do I do? Can they and we just delete the invoices even though it's already approved and sent? Thanks for your help

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Therese.

Yes. If the invoice hasn't been paid and won't represent a loss for your business, you can just delete it and make a new one. You can also just edit this invoice and resend it. To do this, just click on the arrow to the right of that invoice, go to Edit Invoice and make the changes you need.

After saving your changes, you'll be sent to a new page where you'll see the option to resend your invoice.

• AmitAmit Member Posts: 1

@Therese that's a great question. I also have a situation where an invoice has been issued but the job didn't go ahead and I now need to cancel it.
    @Alexia here in Australia we can't just delete invoices! If we get audited and tax department finds missing (deleted) invoice numbers they can fine us! Why doesn't Waves introduce a simple function such as cancelling an invoice??

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Amit. Technically, what you would want to do here is write the invoice off. The steps are outlined in this help centre article here; https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000031243-Dealing-with-bad-debt-How-to-write-off-an-invoice -- if this doesn't help in your particular situation, please let us know so we can investigate a bit further on our end.

• AydeAyde Member Posts: 4

Hi.... I have a similar issue but I need to delete a Reoccurring Invoice. I have a few where the clients are no longer with my company and I need to delete all the reoccurring invoices so that they wont be sent out. I saw the DELETE next to the Invoices., but I didnt see a DELETE next to the Reoccurring ones.

• MerlinAccounts_UKMerlinAccounts_UK Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

This is where being able to raise credit notes really comes into it's own! This is a much needed feature in Wave.

• alsabbaghalsabbagh Member Posts: 2

I have the same problem here, the job had to stop at some point, and we need to cancel the job.
    another thing that needs to be easier is the refund out of wave.
    please fix asap
    thanks