Issue in Income by Customer report

Jawad_DaasJawad_Daas Member Posts: 6

Hi All,

I have an issue in the above report report. In my business, I can get payments from customers in different currencies. So while creating invoices for customers, some are created with USD dollars, some other customers with ILS and so forth. However, when I generate the report "Income by Customer", I found that the system shows all invoices amounts in USD including the ones which were created in ILS (that acceptable if a currency conversion happened), however, the system keeps the amount as is, but only conisders the currency as USD. For example, I have a customer with an invoice of 5900 ILS, but while geting the report, it shows that this customer has an invoice of 5900 USD, which makes total invoices amount and total payments wrong. Please look into this issue, or if you can advise me with an easy way to fix it. Noting that I can't change the original invoice amount and currency, as customer already paid in cheques the needed amount in ILS currency.

Tagged:
edited September 21, 2018 in Technical Support

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jawad_Daas,

I'm trying to run an automated "detect and fix" function from here to see if it'll help. These take a bit of time to process, so check again in a few hours to see if it helped. You might also want to try clearing your browser's cache and doing a hard refresh (that's CTRL+Shift+R on your keyboard).

If it doesn't resolve the problem, could you click the "All income" amount for that client and check if that amount also failed to convert on the Account Transactions report? Is the balance on your bank account accurate on the Transactions page?

• Jawad_DaasJawad_Daas Member Posts: 6

Hi @Alexia ,

Thanks for your kind follow up.

I tried all the above, unfortunately issue is still there :(
    I checked the bank account through transactions page, the payments of the invoice are made in proper currency.

Hi, @Jawad_Daas,

Thank you for your patience. We found the cause of the issue. If an invoice is created in your default currency (USD in your case), the draft is approved in that currency, and the currency is then changed to something else (shekels), the currency won't update everywhere as it should.

You can get around this by deleting the invoice entirely and re-creating it but making sure you change the currency before it's approved. You'll also have to re-enter the payments. Once that's done all of your numbers should be back in order.

We're working on resolving this issue to make sure that the currency updates as it should in the future, but I can't offer a timeline as to when this will be resolved. I'll update you here when it is, but until then you'll have to delete and recreate invoices that require a currency change after the draft is approved.

Thanks again for bringing this up!

• Jawad_DaasJawad_Daas Member Posts: 6

Many thanks @Alexia ,

I will do the needed as per your guidance. Thanks for your great cooperation, support and time looking into this issue :)

You are very welcome, @Jawad_Daas!

• AmaranathoAmaranatho Member Posts: 14

Hello
    I have reported this problem as a bug but have not got much of a response and thought it would be helpful to let others know about this issue.
    I trade in Euros and have some invoices in British pounds. When I look at the sales tax report - the pounds are not converted to Euros. In the income report they are.

Luckily my accountant found this problem when I submitted my quartley tax return. It cost me a days work to make a spreadsheet and last year I now know cost me a tax penalty in late fews.

It cant be a difficult problem to fix.

Thanks
    Amaranatho

edited October 24, 2018