Empty receipt fields

GillianInsideOutGillianInsideOut Member Posts: 2

Hi there, I'm very new to wave and I'm struggling with the receipt details. The only thing that gets recorded is the date. All other fields remain empty. I am in Switzerland so receipts are in German, but Wave allows me to choose my currency as CHF (Swiss francs). Do I need to fill in all details for every receipt? I love the invoicing part of the Wave software. That doesn't appear to have any issues apart from not recognising the bank I use. Any suggestions would be gratefully received! :0)

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @GillianInsideOut,

The Receipts app uses an OCR software to scan your receipt and fill in the fields as best it can. It only fills in the date and the total, if it does manage to successfully read the receipt. This can depend on factors like the format of the receipt, the font, the quality of the printing, the quality of your phone camera and so on. Those two pieces of information are the only ones required to upload a receipt, and we do recommend reviewing them given the limitations of the OCR software.

The currency will default to the currency of your business, and taxes have to be entered manually.

We are always looking for ways to improve and have a dedicated team of engineers on our mobile team working on exciting new features, but I don't have specifics to offer just yet. With that said, I do understand where you are coming from and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.