Options

Confirming discontinuation of Wave Pro directory

oij39fa0hawo3irhoij39fa0hawo3irh Member Posts: 2

Hi, I noticed that an accountant directory became unavailable and only a forum is available while Wave Pro link has been replaced by Wave+ that only provides access to accountants that are described to be employees of Wave. Is Wave becoming an accounting company or is Wave merely discontinuing accounting service marketplace? It seems like Wave is dabbling on both sides but I need to know if I will ever be able to search for an accountant proficient in Wave software like I used to before as accounting service and software product must be purchased separately.

edited September 2, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @oij39fa0hawo3irh ! Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out. :) You're correct that we are now offering Wave+ bookkeeping services to some customers in Canada and the United States. However, we are definitely not looking to discontinue our relationship with Wave Pros, who are very helpful to business owners who use Wave, incredible advocates, and valuable and appreciated members of our Community here.

What we're hoping to do is enliven the relationship between our team and Wave Pros, and between Wave Pros and Wave business owners, by encouraging networking and discussion and shared membership in a community.

This new space is still in the process of being built and we are actively working on some features that you would have found in the preexisting network, like easily searching for Pros who are located in the same region that you are. We'd absolutely love any feedback -- please feel free to share that here, or to message me directly.

Are you looking for an accountant or bookkeeper now? If yes, I recommend using the advanced search drop-down and selecting the Accounting & Bookkeeping Pro Network category, and then in the search box enter your location. If you aren't able to locate someone, you can also add a post in that section including your location in the discussion title.

If you are a Pro and are looking for advice getting started or adding a post in the new format, please let me know and I'd be happy to help you get started.

Welcome!

edited September 7, 2018
  • Options
    oij39fa0hawo3irhoij39fa0hawo3irh Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the reply.
    However, none of the accounting professionals I had found as recently as the last Winter are no longer available via forum. A forum, a place for exchanging messages, does not seem to fit the purpose of my search that is to find a profile that matches my interest but not to find a message that matches my interest. A place that lists profiles of accountants for search and browse by business owners is what a directory does, so it seems that Wave did effectively terminate a feature of my interest by removing the accountant directory and by replacing a link to the directory with a link to Wave's proprietary service product.
    A global directory of professionals for a single software seemed great until removed.

• Options
    CFO_HireCFO_Hire Member Posts: 8

Hi I am also searching for the link.
    I think Wave should create the link again, with vetting the Pro Directory in some form.