Money still in customer's account

mcdougallcnmcdougallcn Member Posts: 2

Usually when a customer pays me, the money comes out of their account immediately. This time, it has been four days and the money is still in their account and I still have not been paid. They had received a confirmation that it was paid though

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @mcdougallcn.

It'll be nearly instant for credit card payments, but it can take up to three business days for payments done via bank transfers. So if the payment was made four days ago, it might not leave your client's account until Thursday (taking into account that yesterday was a statutory holiday in Ontario, where we are based). Is that the case for this payment?

• mcdougallcnmcdougallcn Member Posts: 2

It was a bank payment and now has been 5 days but because of the stat holiday I guess maybe that does make sense? Thank you

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

That's probably the case, @mcdougallcn.

Bank payments can take up to 7 business days to process and be deposited to your bank account. It's quite a bit slower than a credit card payment, but it costs significantly less and has a much lower chance of chargeback.

Let me know if anything else comes up. I can't discuss specifics about your account in public, but feel free to send me a private message if you'd like me to check up on your payment for you.