Issue converting Estimate to Invoice

RRTSRRTS Member Posts: 19

Hello,
When attempting to convert an Estimate to an Invoice, the Notes field is not editable. The Notes field from the Estimate carries over to the Invoice - which I think should not be the desired behavior.
I have a default Notes field in my Estimates that says something like "This is only an estimate please do not pay this amount". But when converted to an Invoice, this Note remains on the Invoice - obviously a problem because it's no longer an estimate and I do want people to pay that amount.
How can we make the Notes field editable, or more importantly, how can we make the default Invoice Notes field appear on the converted Invoice?

Please advise.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @RRTS,

This is actually how it's supposed to work in Wave. When you transform an estimate into an invoice, Wave creates a copy of that estimate, with all its details, notes and so on into an invoice. I do understand why you would expect it to work differently and it's fair feedback to offer. I'll pass it along to our developers.

• RRTSRRTS Member Posts: 19

Oh I get it, so if you've customized a note on the estimate, you expect the same note in the Invoice.
    I've come up with a workaround - I just swapped my notes & memo field (so now the correct memo shows up in the converted Invoice).

Happy to hear it, @RRTS!

• stegzeestegzee Member Posts: 4

Hi just been reading your post, I was wondering if you managed to have the memo at the bottom of the Estimate like the invoice does? My estimate sheet looks stupid with the memo at the top right.

thanks in advance if you can shed any light on it.

Hi, @stegzee,

The memo should be appearing on your estimates in the same position as on your invoices. The interface of the estimate creation page is a bit different from the invoice creation page, which I think might be causing this confusion. Once you save your estimate, you'll be able to view it as your clients will see it.