Options

PDF attachments

AnthonyMAAnthonyMA Member Posts: 16

Is a feature to allow us to stop handling paper (by attaching PDF copies of bills to the purchase entry) planned?

Many thanks

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @AnthonyMA,

I'm not certain I understand what you mean. Information on the Bills page is entered manually and no printing is involved. Can you tell me a bit more about how you handle bills on your end right now? Knowing more about your workflow will help me understand your needs better and maybe I'll be able to suggest an alternative.

• Options

Hello Alexia

When someone sends me a bill, I want to scan it to PDF, file the PDF digitally in a folder and link that PDF to the accounting entry. I can then discard the paper bill. If you are familiar with Xero, they do that. I do not want to keep paper any longer. It also means that if I am emailed a PDF bill, I do not have to print it, and store it.

I appreciate your help.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for following up with more details, @AnthonyMA.

It isn't possible to attach a document to a bill in Wave at this time, but I'm more than happy to forward your feedback to our product team. I can't promise that's something that will be added to Wave but know that feedback from our users does have a significant impact on what we choose to build next, so thank you for taking the time to provide yours.

• Options

This is a feature I need before starting to use Wave. Xero will have to suffice until then. The need to store paper really shouldn't be necessary in a modern accounting system.

• Options

Am I misunderstanding this? Can I use the Receipt app to achieve paperless records?

• Options
    RCMikeRCMike Member Posts: 2

I would love to have this - just being able to link a PDF to any transaction. Wave does this with receipts - where the transaction includes in the link to the receipt. Having that for bills and stuff would be a great improvement. Today, I keep the bills in a folder on my computer and then re-create them in Wave.

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@AnthonyMA sorry about the delay getting back to this! Yes, the receipts mobile app will allow you to keep purely digital records. @RCMike we're working towards greater attachment functionality with the Transactions page as a whole in the future, so keep an eye out in your Wave account for any in-app updates!

• Options
    RCMikeRCMike Member Posts: 2

Awesome... very exciting... thanks @Ryan_W!