Options

Invoice options

PedlinPedlin Member Posts: 2

I would like to have a switch added to the Customers details which can enable/disable the 'Pay Securely Online' option which is added to the Invoice when sending.
As the majority of my customers are business's the preferred payment method is direct payment to our bank account. However for individual/s customer/s having the ability to pay by CC would be a very useful option to solicit quick payments.
I realize that your business model is reliant on the CC commissions however I think the Invoice sent to 'Business' customers gives priority to pay by a credit card which is generally not an option to most business 'accounts payable people' and does seem somewhat over powering. The 'View Invoice' is a very small link by comparison. Perhaps if it was a button the same size as the 'Pay Securely Online' button that would be acceptable or not show at all for that customer type would be even better.
Currently I have no option but to disconnect from the CC processor and resort to the attached invoice and the email link rather than having the best of both worlds.

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Pedlin,

While it isn't possible to turn off payments for a specific customer, you can turn off payments for individual invoices. After creating an invoice's draft, on the page where you would approve it, you'll see a button on top of the screen that says "Online Payment - On". Click on it and you'll have the option to deactivate payment for that invoice. It's not exactly what you're asking for, but I thought it might help out, still.

With that said, I'm happy to pass your feedback along to our developers, thank you for taking the time to share.

• Options
    PedlinPedlin Member Posts: 2

Thank you, that works as long as I remember to do it each time invoice generated. It would be so much easier if it was already set on or off for each customer

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

That's absolutely fair, @Pedlin! Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback!

• Options
    TimKTimK Member Posts: 41 ✭✭

I'd like to chime in with a vote to enable per-customer payment defaults. Usually, with my customers, they stick with the same payment method, so it would be great if I could set their future invoices with a default payment type rather than manually select each one.