Adding a collaborator failed.

CuddlestonCuddleston Member Posts: 7

I've tried multiple times to add a collaborator. Sent it to the employee. She signed up then logged in with her email address, goes up to the company name at the top left and it's logging her in as MY email address...AKA she had access to my social security number etc. Then I go back in to look at where I added her as a collaborator and she isn't there. Anyone experience this?

edited September 18, 2018 in Technical Support

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Cuddleston,

Are you sure she was added as a collaborator and not as an alternate email for your account? I'm asking because I see a few different emails on your account but no collaborators.

If she was added as an alternate email, you'll have to start by removing that email from your account. To do this, click on your business name and go to "Emails and Connected Accounts". Delete the email from there.

Once that's done, click on "Settings" on the menu on the left and you'll see "Collaborators" under "User Management". Click on that and you'll be sent to the collaborator management page. You'll be able to add her address as a collaborator from there.

• CuddlestonCuddleston Member Posts: 7

Hi @Alexia I followed these steps: Settings>Collaborators>Add a Collaborator>Input her information>View/edit/send abilitiy.

It shows pending collaborators in wave.
    She received the email.
    She selects "sign in" since she has already registered her email with wave the first time.
    She signs in.
    She immediately goes to the top left where it says the company name and it says "You're signed in as ____@_______ <---- my email address.
    I then go back into wave and refresh the collaborator page and her pending invite disappears.

I put her laptop on my desk and typed this out as it happened.. again. :)

edited September 19, 2018

Additionally, @Alexia it sends me an email stating "A collaborator you invited has accepted".

Okay, I redid all steps again, deleted the email again and resent collab request again and it worked! Don't care why just happy it did!

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Happy to hear it, @Cuddleston!

If you ever run into this issue again, let me know and we'll investigate it in-depth. I'm glad everything is working as it's supposed to now.