customer email / recurring invoice

nosynosy Member Posts: 9

created recurring invoice...six month later changed customers email....based on my database concept i assumed you would update recurring invoices from the primary email field, as you do when invoices are created manually...well you are not updating any existing recurring records.
My ? is I have 5k recurring records that need their email updated so whats the answer have YOU update each one individually or is there a batch update somewhere.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @nosy,

If you update the email address on a given customer profile, it won't update the email linked to that customer's recurring invoices. You can update this from the Recurring Invoices page by click on the recurring invoice (the line with its details, not the arrow to the right). On that page, click the "Edit" button next to the "Send" header. You'll be able to update the email there.

You won't have to edit the past invoices created by this recurring invoice, just the recurring invoices as they appear on the Recurring Invoices page.

I hope this helps!

• nosynosy Member Posts: 9

thanks 4 getting back, so correct me if i am wrong if i have 5k customers setup as recurring invoice then i would have to go edit the "Send" tab for each of my 5k customers. IE 100 recurring customers change their email address then i will have to edit 100 customers to update my records...are there no batch provisions to change all 100 recurring customers email?

Hi, @nosy,

No, there isn't currently a way to update those details in bulk, but maybe I can offer an alternative way to handle this if I have a better idea of your situation. Can you tell me more about what's happening? Do you have 5000 active recurring invoices with a single client, or did something happen causing all of your client's emails to need changing? The more details you can offer me, the better I'll be able to help.

• nosynosy Member Posts: 9

its the latter to send invoices to multiple email recipients, automated sending statements until there is zero balance we have assigned in house emails to all of our customer base, since you fixed the issue with posmark last time around all seems to be working. A tedious process but well worth the effort thanks for all of your input btw
    I am sharing and comparing notes with another one of your users with plenty of recurring invoices.

Happy to have helped, @nosy! Happier still to hear fixing things up with Postmark resolved this issue as well.

Let me know if you run into any other issue. I'd be glad to help out.