Options

Wave's new look and feel

CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Brave entrepreneurs—we believe in you. That’s why we work so hard every day to make Wave into an amazing experience for you. It’s time for a new vibe to match how far Wave has come, so…🥁🥁🥁we’ve rebranded! Check out our site to experience the new Wave, learn about our latest features, and go behind the scenes of a real-life rebrand.

If you’d like to share your thoughts or you have questions about how to use your newly rebranded Community, please join us in conversation right here in this category. We can’t wait to chat with you.

edited September 23, 2018 in Accounting Feature Ideas

Comments

• Options
    MessmerizaMessmeriza Member Posts: 4

Firstly let me say I have been a Wave customer for 5+ years, I love Wave and I think its a great product.

I feel this rebranding is nice but time & effort would have been better spent improving some fundamental features.

For example, page performance particularly on the Transaction screen continues to take 10+ secs for a loading 100 records. Basic text search and filtering capability is missing on the transaction screen. A basic Customer report showing how much a customer has spent over a period of time and on what products\services is missing.

edited September 23, 2018
  • Options
    LondonLondon Member Posts: 3

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to let you know guys that it took me by surprise last night and, at first, I was trying to figure out what has happened but after 24 hours I feel that the new look is fantastic and you deserve a big shout out. I hope you can deliver the next updates shortly. They look so promising!

edited September 24, 2018
  • Options

@Losana thank you so much! We're on it!

@Messmeriza thank you too for taking the time to share -- we really appreciate it. Our new brand and message are meant to reinforce our commitment to supporting the success of entrepreneurs who use our platform. For what it's worth, I can tell you with confidence that our teams working on features continued to do that while we were building and designing the new brand. It sounds like a lot of what you're interested in is covered in our upgraded accounting platform, which we are hoping to deliver to all customers as soon as possible.

• Options
    UrbscaburbUrbscaburb Member Posts: 8

I too have been a Wave customer for 5+ years and think it's a great (free) service, but not sure what all the Hoopla is with this release besides some color changes? Everything is how it's been for the past several years, I don't see any changes?

• Options
    GreyAreaSecurityGreyAreaSecurity Member Posts: 4

I agree with the above - it's not that there is anything wrong with a new coat of paint every now and again, and it all looks fine. It's just the marketing communications made it out to be some kind of revolutionary new experience and like others I went looking for the new features and ended up slightly disappointed. If it'd just said 'fresh new look' then that would have given the right expectation. Again though, I love what you do - just trying to help improve things for the future.

• Options
    TylerTheisenTylerTheisen Member Posts: 1

The new color scheme is very uncomfortable to use. The gentle blue-on-blue interface Wave used to use was a joy to work with for extended periods; this new stark, black-on-white interface has our bookkeepers reaching for eye drops and taking frequent breaks from eyestrain.

It would be much appreciated to offer customers the option of switching back to the old UI. We chose to go with Wave for our businesses due to the clean, comfortable, and intuitive interface; the new palette has made bookkeeping/payroll an uncomfortable experience.

• Options
    ManiMani Member Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

@TylerTheisen that's interesting feedback we hadn't heard yet. We won't have the technical ability to allow some customers to remain on the old design, but we'll make sure to pass your feedback to our design team.

@GreyAreaSecurity @Urbscaburb @Messmeriza: as more of our users' data is securely migrated to, and validated on, our new accounting platform (which is what brand new users have been getting for a while), a whole new set of functionality will open up to you as mentioned in the communications we've been sending out. Our sincere apologies that we weren't able to move you before the rebranding, and we're actively on it to move folks this year.

In the meanwhile, we just launched our 1099 independent contractor payment feature in the US (should that be where you're located). You'll see a ton more coming from us in the months ahead.

• Options
    nadworksnadworks Member Posts: 31 ✭✭

Thanks for letting us chime in w/ regards to the recent changes. I too have been with WAVE for quite a few years now. I have to admit the look & feel has always been by far the least of my issues with WAVE - overall a great free services, but functionality glitches and oddities which I have taken the effort of reporting for years, multiple times and which (as far as I can see) have never been addressed. Seeing the effort that must have gone into a reskin that was rather unnecessary and has in fact removed a lot of clarity and intuitive UX is very disappointing. Let me give you some examples:

The colour clarity is gone. A green tick and a blue tick (thin-outlined) are almost not distinguishable anymore at a glance. What was wrong with the old filled style?

The colour consistency is gone. The verify button on top of the transactions list is blue, while the key colour for a verified transaction is green. That makes no sense.

The typeface is now wider. This means that text is no cut-off or wrapping even more frequently. Not sure if even the text size has changed. Hard to say without comparison. But it's definitely not an improvement. If anything, a slightly more compressed font would have been much more helpful for the type of content / tables / description field / drop-down menus.

Functionality has not changed. This is where I would have preferred to see an improvement. So I'm looking forward to seeing those next stages soon. Leaving a message warning about the "soon" to be disappearing budgeting within the personal account up there for over a year gave a very bad user experience and lack of clear communication.

It's interesting that - unless I've missed it - you've made no pro-active attempt to contact us, the users, in advance and ask for our opinion on what we would like to see improved on WAVE. I bet a reskin would not have been top of our list.

edited October 4, 2018
  • Options
    TylerKTylerK Member Posts: 94 admin

Hello again @nadworks. I replied to your comment on another but I am thinking the Wave Research Lab is what you are after. Your clear articulation above is most insightful plus your long time usage of Wave would be an interesting angle too.

• Options
    MerlinAccounts_UKMerlinAccounts_UK Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

Before all these changes I had, as a Wave Pro Accountant, a business profile as well as my personal profile. I had spent a bit of time setting up my business profile, including my photo and logo, as well as some blurb about the services provided, but all of this has gone, and I am left with a personal profile that tells you nothing about who I am, what I do, nor have I any ability to showcase my services. I have also lost my wavepro "badge" too. Not happy @Charlotte

• Options

Hi @AndrewPriestley thanks so much for taking the time to send me a message. I apologize for any changes that have negatively impacted your experience, and if we were not able to reach you in communications regarding those changes.

I'd also like to thank you for all of your responses to accounting questions in recent days. This is a great contribution to the health of our Community.

I've mentioned this before to another Pro on a different post, but I want to stress that we value you very much as customers and partners in our effort to empower and support small business owners. The previous version of the network didn't allow for any real sort of relationship building or oversight by Wave. This sometimes resulted in negative experiences for business owners on the platform.

I'd like to figure out how we can make this space work for you, and business owners who might be searching for accountants. If you're interested, I'd love to schedule a research interview so that I can learn more about what you need.

I've also added a badge to your profile here, and I can also look into getting a badge for your site if you'd like. Let me know.

• Options
    Brent_OntraxBrent_Ontrax Member Posts: 15

Hi there, I've seen all the information about the new look and a lot of people talk about it on this forum BUT I'm wondering if there is something I'm meant to do within my profile or account to activate it? I've just created a New account for another business I work with and when I logged in as them it looks completely different, therefore assuming that it is the new look and my account hasn't been updated yet for some reason. Am I missing something or should I just be patient and the updates are rolling out to all accounts gradually? Thanks

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@Brent_Ontrax The short answer is hold tight! The long answer is that the Team at Wave is working on rolling the new update to all pre-existing accounts. At the moment, the team is prioritizing the integrity of your data, so migrating users must be done carefully so that no information is lost. For new users or newly created businesses, the accounts are created on the update.

• Options
    faridahfaridah Member Posts: 38

I am managing my client's account since 2016 , the user interface has not changed to the new look , i love the new look and it is easy to do the data entry a well

Do i need to do anything so that it change to the new look

Tq

• Options
    James_HudsonJames_Hudson Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @faridah , for now, it's a simple question of waiting! We've been migrating users over to the updated version of Wave in cohorts, with the migration of the final few cohorts waiting on some feature releases and checks on our end. I don't have a clear ETA for you as to when your client's account will be moved, but before long they should be on the updated version of Wave!

• Options
    faridahfaridah Member Posts: 38

Hi @James_Hudson appreciate your update on that

Love the new features is simple and easy for us to use as well as to guide our clients to use WAVE .

I just love WAVE <3

• Options
    Brent_OntraxBrent_Ontrax Member Posts: 15

Hi there,
    Is there an update on when the final cohorts will be migrated to the new look Wave? It's now the end of August and I still haven't been upgraded but all my friends and clients have been.

Thanks.

• Options
    ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@Brent_Ontrax I'm going to send you a support ticket to discuss your account and migration! Watch for my email. :)