Unable to Sign Into Wave Apps on iOS using Google

awaycottawaycott Member Posts: 5

I’m trying to sign into and use the Wave Receipts app using Google to authenticate. When I do for the first time, I go through the authentication process but then it goes back to the login screen and gives and error in JSON format saying that my user is unsupported on the back end (?) afterwards, pressing the Login with Google button does absolutely nothing.

I created my Wave account via RBC and as a result don’t have a typical username/password. As such I can’t log in using this method either.

How can I use this app?

Same thing happens with the invoice app BTW

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @awaycott,

Unfortunately, Wavers who access Wave through the RBC integration don't have access to our mobile apps. If you want to have access to those two apps, we'll have to disconnect your Wave account from your RBC account.

If your account is disconnected, you will no longer be able to access Wave directly from your RBC account. You otherwise won't lose any data or access to any feature. You will have to use our bank connection system to link your bank account to Wave to upload your transactions from now on, but it's a quick and simple process. You'd just have to follow the instructions here

Did you want me to go ahead and do this? Note that this is irreversible.

• awaycottawaycott Member Posts: 5

@Alexia, yes please. I really don't see any value in the RBC integration... I don't even sign in that way - I authenticate with google. unless I'm missing something?

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @awaycott,

It is done! You'll receive an email with instructions on how to create your own Wave password shortly. Once you have, you'll be able to use our mobile apps. Let me know if you have any questions!

• BareItDesignsBareItDesigns Member Posts: 2

Good morning @Alexia and the rest of the Wave Community :)

I am new to this forum (and WaveApps) in general, and find myself in the same situation as awaycott. How would I go abouts disconnecting from the RBC partner login, so that I can start using the mobile apps as well? Thanks in advance.

edited November 28, 2018
  • JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @BareItDesigns! If you send me a DM of your email address in Wave, I can send you the steps to start creating a password so that you can login to your Wave account outside of using RBC.

• ryandrewjohnsonryandrewjohnson Member Posts: 1

@JamieD I'm having the same issue, and I'm hoping to disconnect my account from RBC as well.
    Would you be able to help me out?

Thanks,
    -ryan

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @ryandrewjohnson . Shoot me a direct message and we can get this process started for you!