Options

How to show Account ID in reports?

michelhmichelh Member Posts: 3

How can I show the Account ID (Chart of Accounts) to be part of the report where are we show an account category?

Comments

• Options
    James_HudsonJames_Hudson Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi Michelh,

For the time being, the Account ID that you add to any accounts is only viewable in the Chart of Accounts page. Whenever you generate a report, each account will display alphabetically by its name, sorted by account type.

I'd recommend opening the Chart of Accounts in a separate tab to refer back to when viewing your reports.

James

• Options
    CambridgeMakersCambridgeMakers Member Posts: 7

We would also like to sort by Account ID, please can we be notified when this is possible? Many thanks

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @CambridgeMakers.

There are currently no plans to add this feature to Wave, but we're always happy to hear your feedback. Could you give me a bit more information about a situation where you would've wanted to search use Account IDs in your reports?

As an alternative, you could add that information before, or after the name of a given account.

• Options
    CambridgeMakersCambridgeMakers Member Posts: 7

Ok, thanks for the response, it was related to our other query about having two sub divisions. Thank you :)

• Options

Happy to help!

• Options
    anilanil Member Posts: 1

I'd we nhi khulta h account

• Options

Hi, @anil.

I'd love to help out, but Wave only currently offer support in English. Please ask your question in English and I'll be sure to jump in and help as soon as I can.

• Options
    a_iantornoa_iantorno Member Posts: 5

I need to see account IDs so I can reconcile my Wave accounts with my Accountants report and add adjusting entries. The reports in Dig Deeper DO NOT let me see the Account IDs setup in the Chart of Accounts.

edited July 28, 2020
  • Options
    ElizabethWynnElizabethWynn Member Posts: 2

To whom it may concern,

Having the ability to generate the trial balance, balance sheet, profit and loss and individual general ledger reports that includes the Account ID in front of the account description would be monumentally helpful. As a public practice accountant we require account numbers to be used when we enter our client's trial balance into our CaseWare accounting software. Without the account number / account ID, we have to create our own number system for our clients books. Wave has the ability to generate reports into Microsoft Excel. Without the account ID, it is not easy for me to format the Excel file and import the trial balance into our software. Rather myself or a colleague has to manually input each account's balance at year end and create new account numbers where new accounts are required.

Thank you,
    Elizabeth Wynn, CPA, CGA

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @ElizabethWynn

Thank you so much for this informative post and use case scenario providing us feedback on how this will benefit your business. This is super helpful in giving a better understanding for our team as we push future updates to our system!

• Options
    TaxProEZTaxProEZ Member Posts: 1

As a tax preparer, it is useful to identify expense categories by account ID. In doing data input for my clients for their taxes, the account id could be a useful tool. with proper planning, the data input for a Schedule C, or for a partnership, S-Corp or C-Corp could take as little as 5 minutes and allow us to verify the data quickly. This would improve our efficiency and insure accuracy in preparing these returns. Your competition allows it!!