"Merge" Transaction is not working right

CarenCaren Member Posts: 4

I have manually added 1 transaction with proper description, category and account.
Another transaction was synced automatically from Bank account to Wave and auto-categorised as "Uncategorised".
After I click the 2 transaction to merge, it left me with the "Uncategorised" one. All the proper description and category is not followed.

Please look into it and advise.
Thanks.

P/S: still waiting for Cash Flow statement feature for old user.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Caren,

In the version of Wave you're using, the transaction created as a result of a merging in the old version of Wave takes on the properties of the oldest of the two transactions (the lowest one on the Transactions table). The best way to get around this currently is to delete one of the duplicates instead of merging them.

On the subject of the new version of Wave, it is on the way, with a significantly improved merging tool, at that. We're working to bring those features to you as fast as possible, but that process does take time. Our priority throughout this migration is to ensure the integrity of your data, so we have to be careful in our approach. We hope to have moved everyone over within the next few months, but I can't offer a timeline for the time being.