Payment remains on customer Statement despite being deleted in transaction history

gavinkennedygavinkennedy Member Posts: 4

Hi
I am unable to find a resolution for this problem I'm experiencing :-(
I started splitting a deposit a client made and then discovered I made a mistake with one amount.
I tried to edit it and instead got a duplication of the two split amounts.
I then tried to clear it up but the duplications remained.
I then deleted the transaction from the history, but the two mistake credits still reflect on my customer's account :-(
How do I remedy this?
Many thanks
Gavin

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @gavinkennedy,

Have you deleted those payments from the invoices? If the wrong payment was deleted and the invoices are marked as paid, it would explain this issue. Go to your Invoices page and find those invoices, click on the invoice number and you'll see any recorded payments under the "Get Paid" header. You'll be able to remove them from them, using the "Remove payment" button.

Let me know if that helps!

• gavinkennedygavinkennedy Member Posts: 4

Thank you for your assistance.

I was able to untangle the really messy statement I ended up with.

It's still confusing as this particular client rounds off their payment each month so we always have "floating" balances. e.g. is the invoice is for R1395.50, they will pay R1400. Also, another client makes lump sum advance payments and I'm not confident that I'm allocating those correctly.

I'm really struggling with the process of allocating payments to specific invoices when clients pay in advance or over pay (very common for me) .

Is there ANY way to simply allocate an entire payment to a CLIENT against the balance rather than manually allocating it to arbitrary invoice?

This is the only thing in Wave that I'm not enjoying and it would be AWESOME for me if I could simple allocate a payment to a client and not specific invoices.

Many thanks for your assistance.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @gavinkennedy,

No, there isn't currently a way to assign a payment to a customer's balance in Wave. Payments for invoices have to be put against invoices at this time. With that said, I can see where you're coming from. While I can't guarantee a timeline or promise that this is something that will be added to Wave, I can tell you that feedback from our users has a serious impact on what we choose to build next for Wave. Thank you so much for taking the time to share yours.

• gavinkennedygavinkennedy Member Posts: 4

Many thanks :-)