Why I chose Wave

ScottStaufferScottStauffer Member Posts: 1

It really didn't come down to money for me to switch to Wave. I had another cloud accounting package for a few years and what really frustrated me was the weak integration with my bank. I read about the robust solutions that Wave has built in conjunction with banks to ensure that Wave was treated like a first class citizen. The Royal Bank of Canada actually recommends its business banking clients to use Wave and advertises it almost as an extension to their services.
I have been using Wave for just over a year letting the system auto import my credit card and chequing accounts and creating my invoices. Now the daunting task of entering in my accountant's Chart of Accounts and mass categorizing Transactions, then linking transactions to invoice payments, and finally, linking chequing debits to credit card payments.

I started watching a fantastic Video Series from Wave BEFORE the re-brand, and now the video series is no longer on their site... hoping they re-surface it... I learned a few things and need to revisit it in order to wrap a single bank transaction around payment of 3 invoices. The video showed this... now I'm stuck :(

Here is that link... let's hope that it's resurrected!
https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000261863-Getting-Started-with-Wave-5-Part-Video-Course?flash_digest=da95da61b2a2dce2de5f272a0ecd17cfda32c267

Wave talks about Machine Learning and this excites me... I'd like to establish my CoA and have it re-evaluated categorization against a training set. I'm hoping after I back-fill categorize 1 year of transactions, it simply auto categorizes everything based on my "historic" categorizations... 🤞 #FingersCrossed

Cheers,
Scott

Comments

• Michelle_AMichelle_A Member Posts: 45 admin

Thanks for reaching out @ScottStauffer , and for all your support of Wave! It looks like a colleague has addressed your queries in a ticket, but I thought I'd still respond here for the benefit of any user that comes across this post! :smile:

So, with regards to the video series, we will have this back up as soon as we’re finished updating the content. Keep your eyes peeled!

When it comes to applying a single payment to multiple invoices, you'll want to split the transaction first. To do this, select the drop-down menu next to your income transaction and choose 'split transaction'. Once you have your new transactions, you can associate these to their respective invoices, using the same drop-down menu.