Options

Feature request: make it possible to regenerate the 'Get Share Link' URL for invoices

SkafteSkafte Member Posts: 34

Hi there,

I think it would be great if it was possible to change/update/regenerate the 'Get Share Link' URL for invoices. For example I've had to update an invoice and I would now like to exclude some people that have been given the link from being able to see the updated invoice.

If this is already possible somehow, then please let me know.

Many thanks and hope to see this feature soon! :)

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Michelle_AMichelle_A Member Posts: 45 admin

@Skafte Thanks so much for reaching out! To retrieve a Share Link again, click SALES > Invoices > All Invoices > find the Invoice > More Actions > Get Share Link. That will be a unique URL to send on to your desired customers, and it will also regenerate as you make changes to that invoice too. I hope this helps, but let us know if you have any more questions.

• Options

Hi there @Michelle_A – thanks for your response!

My suggestion is actually to make it possible to change the URL, so the old URL won't work anymore. The reason for this is that we've experienced a few times that we needed to make changes to invoices and then block people from being able to see the invoice after we've made the changes.

A simple solution could be to add a 'Regenerate URL' button to the 'Get Share Link' feature, which will then change the URL and disable the previous one.

Does that make sense?

Thanks!

• Options

Thanks for responding to this @Katie Silkina.

To give you an example, I have a customer who has partly paid an invoice. I now want to mark that invoice as paid, and in order to do that, I'll have to add a discount to the invoice as Wave doesn't currently have a Credit Note feature. I don't want the customer to be able to see that I have registered the invoice as discounted and paid and I cannot do that as it is currently not possible to change the URL of an invoice.

Also, another example is that I have a customer to whom I accidentally CC'ed in too many people when I sent them the invoice. The customer has now asked me to hide the invoice from the other people that were CC'ed.

Does that serve as good examples? I can definitely think of more if needed!

Many thanks!