Unable to import Customer database in CSV format

Phelps_ProductionsPhelps_Productions Member Posts: 3

I'm in the process of switching over from QB Online and am trying to import my customer list. I've downloaded the database and converted it to a CSV format file. When I go to import, the preview is perfect, but it will not import any of the customers. How can I fix this?

Comments

• Michelle_AMichelle_A Member Posts: 45 admin

Hey @Phelps_Productions! Sorry to hear about any difficulty here! Here's a few more tips that will hopefully get these customers imported:

There are a couple of more guidelines involved when importing CSV files:

A. In the Country column, you must use the official ISO code in order for Wave to process the file correctly. The most commonly used by Wave customers are:

United States: US
    Canada: CA
    Great Britain: GB
    Australia: AU

B. In the "Currency" column, you must use the official ISO code, too. The most commonly used by Wave customers are:

US dollar: USD
    Canadian dollar: CAD
    British pound: GBP
    Australian dollar: AUD

If you don't specify a currency, whatever you have as your default currency will be applied for all of your customers. Or putting it another way: If you invoice all your customers in the same currency that you do your accounting, don't worry about the currency code — it will all work out on its own.

Please note errors may occur depending on the size of the CSV file e.g. how many lines are in the file. If the CSV file has more than one hundred lines, I would recommend splitting this list into separate files.

Let us know if this is successful :)

• faridahfaridah Member Posts: 38

i am also having the same problem cannot upload error was " Unable to decode csv file"

i have also reduce the no of lines from 146 to 60 , still cannot upload

please assist

TQ

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @faridah,

We have an article going in deeper on how to upload going into a bit more depth on how to upload a CSV customer list to Wave. It includes a template you can use to create your own CSV file. You can find it here[link]

Let us know if that helps!

• faridahfaridah Member Posts: 38