Credit memos

Phelps_ProductionsPhelps_Productions Member Posts: 3

I'm in the process of switching over to Wave from QB Online. I have one outstanding Credit Memo to a customer who pre-pays for jobs and has had a couple of cancelled events, resulting in the credit memo. They prefer to apply credit memos on their end rather than automatically applying to the next invoice.
I have two questions:
How would I handle this during the migration so I can stop my monthly subscription to QB Online ASAP before my next round of invoicing.
How do I handle credit memos for the future invoices?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Bill

Comments

• Michelle_AMichelle_A Member Posts: 45 admin

@Phelps_Productions Thanks so much for reaching out, Bill! I can see you have already been in touch with an agent via ticket, but I thought I'd still shoot some information on credit memos here too!

A common method for credit notes often used by business owners in Wave is proceeding to Sales > Products and Services, and create a 'Credit Note' which you can apply on future invoices. Then, if there is a credit to be applied on a future invoices, you can select the 'Credit Note' product, and add in the amount that was overpaid on a past invoice (with a negative figure in front of it).

Please see here for a step-by-step guide that should work the same for customer credit:
    https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208622956