Options

Searching within Transactions

saraclausnitzersaraclausnitzer Member Posts: 1

Forgive me if there's a way, and I just haven't found this option myself but can I search for Description/Vendor or something that I may have written down in the notes section?

i.e. I purchase a lot of equipment from X store. I would love to quickly filter to all transactions from X store + search for something specific from there that I would have left in the notes.

I've been using Wave to handle my invoicing for years and have stuck with spreadsheets for everything else since I can search easily within the file(s) but if I can do this in Wave, I'd love to make the full leap.

Comments

• Options
    designforgefabdesignforgefab Member Posts: 1

I am looking for this exact function - searching the notes within receipts. This would be a very intuitive way to track project expenses!

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @saraclausnitzer and @designforgefab,

That's understandable. More search options are always better. In the updated version of Wave's accounting tools, it is possible to search by description and filter your transactions by a few different parameters. It isn't currently possible to search through transactions notes or filter by vendor, but I'd be happy to pass that bit of feedback along to our product team. You might find the "Purchases by vendor" to be a useful report to find those transactions, however.

As for searching through receipts, @designforgefab, that isn't currently possible. The only workaround I can recommend is to use unique expense accounts for specific projects and use the Account Transactions report for that account to see all of those transactions together. It isn't an ideal solution, but it might still help. Again, I'm happy to pass that bit of feedback along.

• Options
    khmusickhmusic Member Posts: 1

Bump

Really, really, really would love to be able to search notes. Seems like they must be stored in a field within the account transaction database(s), making the programming pretty straightforward to make this happen. Honestly, I'll help add it. I won't even charge. It's just so frustrating to literally not be able to use your own data in the most basic ways.

Thoughts?

Peace & gratitude,
    Keith