Options

How to import customers with state locations in header

nsheler1nsheler1 Member Posts: 1

Wondering how to import customer csv file with address and STATE? I have tried a few different ways to import members with full addresses with no success. I would rather not do this manually. Example address, city, STATE, zip

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @nsheler1,

It isn't currently possible to upload a CSV customer list with a column for the state to Wave. You'll have to set the state manually after the file has been uploaded. You have to use a very specific format to upload a customer list to Wave. You can find a template which might help here[link]

I know it's inconvenient to add those manually, but hopefully, the customer list upload feature still does save you some time.

• Options
    volkswagnervolkswagner Member Posts: 14

That's a really weak answer. Can you explain the reasoning for such a lame import setup?
    Without this feature and without the ability to perform a mass update to multiple contacts/customers in one step, your software appears to be non friendly.

Please fix this to increase your willing customer base. I was considering purchasing some of your services, but with such poor customer support and bad programming functionality, I can't allow myself to invest in your platform.

Please listen to your customers for greater success!

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@volkswagner We're currently exploring different options in terms of the Customers section in Wave (as well as the importing feature, we understand that it needs some work). In terms of a viable workaround that might be better suited to your needs, we've added a Google Sheet integration called 'Wave Connect' -- this will allow you to better streamline your data imports into Wave: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020768272-Wave-Connect-Easily-import-and-export-data-with-Wave-s-Google-Sheets-add-on-

When we have more information regarding updating the specific feature, we will be sure to let our users know.

• Options
    DennisDennis Member Posts: 3

I am using Google Sheets and Wave Connect to upload customers. I can't seem to find a way to upload Shipping address.

• Options
    ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@Dennis Taking a second look at Wave Connect, a specific shipping address is not one of the fields that populates when you go to upload customers. There is an address field although I understand the customer's home address may be different than the shipping address.

There is a way to get a shipping address in Wave though! Once you upload your customer's other information, you can head to Sales > Customer > pencil icon for editing and then select 'Specify Shipping Address'. Here, you can add the shipping address.

• Options
    anitacreates22anitacreates22 Member Posts: 1

I see the last comment was August 2019. This topic deserves some attention. I've just uploaded a csv to your site and have spent the last 3 hours manually adding the state into each contact. I have 200+ more contacts to go. This is a fixable issue. Please give it some attention.