How to see sent history of invoice

mikaelamikaela Member Posts: 3

I sent an invoice to a client and I think it went to the wrong email, I went in, updated the email and resent it. But I want to be able to check the history of my invoices so I have a history of when I sent them, who I sent them to etc. That way before I talk to my client I can verify when I have sent the invoices and who they were sent to.

I would also like to know if there is a way I can tell if a client has viewed an invoice? My invoices are all due upon receipt, so the only status icon I ever see is "overdue." It makes it very hard to do any troubleshooting on my end before contacting my clients if I haven't received a payment yet. Did it for sure send? How many times have I tried sending it? Where did it go? Has it even been viewed? Right now I'm just sending stuff into a complete void.

Comments

• RahimRahim Member Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi @mikaela,

There are a couple ways you can tell if an invoice was viewed once it's become overdue.

1. From the list view, you can hover over the invoice row and it shows you the last viewed date.

2. When you click on an invoice and view it, you can also see this under the "Send Invoice" section.

There are definitely better ways we can surface more of a "history" of what's happened so you can track more easily what has happened and can better manage your client relationships. This is an area of focus for us going into 2019 and we are looking at ways to bring more visibility to what's happened.

• mikaelamikaela Member Posts: 3

Thank you!

• YGFAndreaYGFAndrea Member Posts: 6

So glad to be able to have an expanded history - can't wait to see Wave in 2019!

• mileskbmileskb Member Posts: 1

I am running into this right now. I cc'd a few people on an invoice, but I don't recall who and can only "assume" if I sent it to the right people. Now that I need to follow up, I don't know if I should be asking "did they receive it" or "when are they going to pay it"

• AlexMAlexM Member Posts: 1

Is there any update on the capability to view the history of sent invoices (and reminders). In an earlier post this was a suggested feature coming in 2019. Hope this arrives soon. I have a few clients that seem to "loose" invoices and it would be super nice to be able to tell them when invoices and reminders are sent.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @AlexM, this isn't something that has really changed since these previous posts you'd seen here. I'm really sorry about the lack of movement on this. With that said, we do have the ability to check into that on our end on a case-by-case basis, so if this does occur, you can reach out to us to try to determine when it was they'd been sent.

• BillyKBillyK Member Posts: 1

Hi Connor,

I would like to find out a little more about how often my client has viewed their invoice.

Are you able to help with this?

Cheers

• NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

Hi @BillyK, while we're able to check whether a particular invoice email has been opened/view by your client (and the date this occurred) on the back end for some cases (if the invoice was sent within the last couple of weeks), we are not able check exactly how many times the invoice has been viewed.

• KhumphriesKhumphries Member Posts: 1
    Hiya, has there been any movement on confirming who you sent an invoice to? Again this is quite crucial for people claiming they didn't receive them. It's also just good for peace of mind. Thanks
    edited March 10, 2021
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Khumphries , we don't currently have this feature but it is something that we're hoping to be able to provide to our users at some point in the near future. Keep your eyes peeled!

• bwilsplurbwilsplur Member Posts: 3

Still no update on this feature? "This is an area of focus for us going into 2019" I thought you guys lost your fast ball when you sold out to H&R Block, then got rid of the OCR, turns out you never had one to begin with. Mickey mouse, BS program missing many basic features that they seemingly refuse to add. "Free and always will be" Just continue to de-rate until it's useless