Invoices dissappeared

Bigbengrant69Bigbengrant69 Member Posts: 4

Hi, my invoices have disappeared. They aren’t in paid, unpaid, or all invoices tabs.
I think it may have been because I deleted the sales tax they were assigned? I deleted this as I needed to produce another one that was recoverable)
Is there any way of retrieving these?
🙏🙏🙏

Tagged:
edited October 25, 2018 in Technical Support

Comments

• Michelle_AMichelle_A Member Posts: 45 admin

Hi @Bigbengrant69- thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm checking in to see if you have recovered your invoices since reaching out here? I can appreciate you have already searched under each tab, but I wanted to share a few other reasons why this could happen (or, at least make it appear as it has- Wave cannot delete a user's data without explicit permission!) https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005756506

You mention you deleted associated sales taxes - although I've never seen this remove the invoices themselves, I'm definitely curious to hear more. Could you walk me through the process that you took when removing the sales taxes?

• Bigbengrant69Bigbengrant69 Member Posts: 4

Hey Michelle, thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately I still haven’t resolved this. I have read the link you gave me and have set all filters to all statuses all customers with no time frame. They still don’t show although the new ones I am making do.
    So to remove the sales tax I went to wave settings on my browser selected sales tax and trashed the sales tax in question.
    Since then I haven’t been able to see those invoices with the deleted sales tax assigned to them.
    Weirdly though when I am on the transactions tab in accounting the invoices are referenced on the right of each transaction. If I click on them the drop down menu shows that there is still an unpaid invoice which was one of the invoices that has disappeared. So they must be in there somewhere!
    Further to this if I generate a sales tax report, the old sales tax show up where as it has dissappeared when I am looking at the settings-sales tax tab.
    Ultimately I would retrieve these invoices and assign them a different sales tax, ie the new recoverable one I made.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
    Cheers,
    Ben.

edited October 10, 2018
  • James_HudsonJames_Hudson Member Posts: 121 admin

Hey @Bigbengrant69, deleting a sales tax should not result in the deletion of your saved invoices, so I'm sure we'll be able to figure out what happened here.

One thing that we often see when looking for data that's reported to have disappeared is duplicate businesses in Wave with the same name making it seem like all of the data from one account is missing.

If you have more than one email address that you use often, I'd try logging in with each different address, resetting your password if necessary to see if there's a duplicate business created with the same business name. If not, we can keep investigating in this thread.

• Bigbengrant69Bigbengrant69 Member Posts: 4

Hi @James Hudson ,

I can confirm that I have used only 1 email and it is assigned to only 1 business. That goes for both app that I use on my phone also.
    To reiterate. Nothing else changed in my process except changing the sales tax before the invoices disappeared from view.
    When a go to settings-sales tax there is only one sales tax showing( the recoverable one).
    When I produce a sales report there are two sales taxes showing. From here if I click on the old nonrecoverable sales tax it shows me all the transaction associated with it but when I click on an individual invoice transaction it goes to an error page saying “The page you tried to visit doesn't exist.
    This is usually caused by an incorrect or outdated link.”

Regards,
    Ben.

• jymejyme Member Posts: 2

I also deleted my sales tax and have lost all invoices and most of my products are gone. How do I fix this?

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@jyme @Bigbengrant69 thanks for your patience

On Tuesday, we identified a bug that was causing invoices and estimates, as well as products and bills, to deactivate when the sales tax associated with these items was deleted. This means that while no data was deleted, these invoices and other items were temporarily hidden.

This issue has been resolved, and we have reactivated all items and reached out individually to anyone who was affected.

I’d like to take this opportunity to reiterate that the security of your data is incredibly important to us. We know that you entrust us with important business information, and we protect that data by ensuring that nothing can be deleted without action on your part. In this case, while no data was deleted, information was temporarily hidden, and we appreciate your patience and understanding. If your account was affected by this issue and you have any further questions, please respond directly to the email you received so that we can assist you as efficiently as possible.

I'll close this thread now as the issue is resolved, but please don't hesitate to contact us if we can help with anything else.

This discussion has been closed.