STRIPE / double payments / how to resolve?

DaveyGDaveyG Member Posts: 7

OK so I'm a new WAVE user (Australian based / gst registered) and loving it so far - but I am having issues with Credit Card Payments (via stripe) and how to record them properly as I'm getting double entries into my Transactions and am unsure how to sort this out.

I have searched a few threads on Stripe payments and still can't really see how to do this easily.

So, my situation is as below (sample)

1) I issue an invoice in Stripe to the customer for $185.90 (gst inclusive) - happy days.
2) The customer pays me $185.90 via credit card directly via my invoice - so far so good
3) This transaction is recorded as an Invoice Payment in my transactions (Merchant Account Payment + 1) and shows as a deposit for $182.67 being full payment of $185.90 less merchant account fees $3.23. (This transaction is then closed at Wave's end and is unable to be edited)
4) A few days later I get another deposit from Stripe of $182.35 for the same payment (which I understand is the $182.67 less 10% of the $3.23 merchant fee for gst / 32 cents)

So, seeing as though the original payment has been recorded as $182.67 in my Wave account and I am unable to edit it, what do I do with the 2nd transaction of $182.35 as my account thinks I now have 2 payments - and how do I account for the difference in $$ (even though it's only a few cents I may get dozens of these every month, so just want to sort this out upfront).

A simple explanation/help would be appreciated! Thankyou. Dave

edited October 13, 2018 in Technical Support

Comments

• samjovanousamjovanou Member Posts: 1

Im having the same problem mate.
    I would normally merge transactions like this but the payment amounts will not match up due to one transaction being after-fees and the other before-fees.

Hence i can only suggest you delete the transaction relating to the auto-import from the bank and keep the other two transactions; that will balance it.

Please someone pipe-in if there is a better solution.

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @samjovanou ! I believe I've already shared this link with the OP, but you can find a discussion of how others have handled this here.