Unable to import customer .CSV file

SusanRoetsSusanRoets Member Posts: 3

Hello there

I've downloaded the Wave .CSV sample file, and copied and pasted my customers into it. However, when I try and import the .CSV file, the website throws out an a red error box stating "Unable to decode CSV file".

I'm not sure how to fix this....any advice/suggestions as to why the error box keeps popping up will be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @SusanRoets,

There are a few things that can cause this message when you're trying to upload your customer list as a .CSV file. This article covers the basics ( including the template, so I'm pretty sure you've seen it before), although the end of the article includes a couple different formatting rules such as the country and currency codes for each column. Give it a look and let me know how it goes. If you're still running into errors, you can DM me a copy of the .CSV file for me to review as well!

• SusanRoetsSusanRoets Member Posts: 3

Hello @Ryan_W
    Thank you for getting back to me :smile:
    The article was great, but still my problem persists...

How do I go about DM'ing the file to you for inspection?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@SusanRoets if you click on Ryan's name, you'll see a New Message button on his profile. :)

edited November 2, 2018
  • SusanRoetsSusanRoets Member Posts: 3
  • davidk001davidk001 Member Posts: 0

When setting up a new Vend system, customers can easily be imported as a CSV file. This means you can transfer customers from an existing system (such as MYOB, Outlook or Sharepoint), by exporting them from that system as a spreadsheet or CSV, renaming the columns to match Vend, then importing the CSV file directly into Vend. Epson error code 0x97