Options

Billable hours and mileage ?

MontagueMontague Member Posts: 2
I found wave because I was looking for the ability to send an invoice to a client after my computer died.

I do freelance work for a few people who do town planning and environmental assessment.
My job is to submit applications to local authorities, and then do follow ups as per the status of such applications. I also do a lot of collections/deliveries in person.
I charge an hourly rate, plus a mileage rate. I also get reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses such as parking, printing costs, etc.
The only ability my wave app has is invoicing, but I see there is an accounting section too, which brings me to my question....
Can wave keep track of my hours and mileage and then create a time sheet which can be submitted to a customer along with an invoice?
... or do I continue my search for some other app?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mhermsenmhermsen Member Posts: 10

Also would be interested in the time keeping options!

• Options
    mahoutmahout Member Posts: 13

HI Montague,

I have the same problem and questions that you have. I've been using wave for awhile now, and as far as invoicing, it's great...

When it comes to tracking hours, I have made a product named "IT Services" with a blank description and an hourly rate. Then I have to add the product, put in the time (eg 2.5) and type in my description.

It works, but you can only really "Track" your time if you remember to build your draft invoices at the time, or track it seperatly (I use notepad) and build your invoice after.

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@mahout @Montague @mhermsen do any of you currently use another app for time-tracking?

• Options
    mhermsenmhermsen Member Posts: 10

I dont. I usually just create a line item on an invoice and keep adding to the line items with the dates and times. I keep my invoice as a draft until I'm ready to send it off to the customer for payment. Exactly as @mahout described. It works. It's not ideal, but it works.

• Options
    gtewksgtewks Member Posts: 9

I'm keep time and mileage tracked in a notebook.... would be amazing if wave integrated this (and then into it's apps). Think how great it would be to track mileage by simply clicking the app button and letting the phone's gps tally up the mileage for me every day.

• Options

Same here, I was just taking notes (notepad) for how much time to charge since it's quick and easy.
    Lately I have been trying to keep them in draft invoices, but it's a long process.

Idea:
    Make the "+" in the app open options like "create a new"
    Add the option for "Line Item" on both.
    After the item is made, save as:

• Add to Draft Invoice
    • Add to Invoice
    • Create Draft Invoice
    • Create New Invoice
  • Options
    SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

@mahout Interesting! Are you using the Invoice mobile app, or invoices in the full web app?

• Options
    @Sophia

I use a combo. It's great to be able to use both.
    If I'm on sight it's quick to whip one up.

Can you bring my idea to the devs attention? Adding a line item, and being able to add to an invoice? Even further, move a line item to a different invoice!
  • Options
    ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

@mahout I appreciate the thought you've put into this potential solution and I can definitely bring this to their attention!