Retrieval of deleted invoices

bdvermabdverma Member Posts: 1

Can somebody or the technical team guide me as to how I can retrieve an inadvertently deleted invoice from the application.

Comments

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey!
    I'm Zoe I'm a member of the Support team at Wave, Thank you for getting involved in the community. I'm afraid once data is deleted from our system there is no way for us to retrieve it. We take the privacy of our users data very seriously so once you have given us the go ahead to delete something it is deleted.

So your solution now is to manually enter the invoice once again. I know this is a bit of a pain! But I hope you can understand why this is the way it is. If you have any questions or need anything else, please do let me know!

• JustanotherclueJustanotherclue Member Posts: 4

Is there a way to look for gaps in the invoice number sequence? Every now and then someone will send in a payment for an invoice that was deleted on the assumption that it would never be paid. Maybe there is a better way to set aside invoices when you are told that they will not be paid?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Justanotherclue! Unfortunately there is no way to look up gaps in the number sequence from within the Wave software. With that said, you can definitely write off old invoices in order to set them aside without worrying about deletions!

• JustanotherclueJustanotherclue Member Posts: 4

Is the "Bad Debt Clearing Account" there by default or do I need to create it?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Justanotherclue

It is an account that needs to be created. A lot of users who want to write off an invoice might create multiple clearing accounts because not every written off invoice is considered bad debt. Sometimes it's a return, or incomplete project. You can name your clearing account to be whatever you like, but our help center article on writing off an invoice suggests bad debt.