DAILY SALES Z REPORT - HOW TO

DANIEDANIE Member Posts: 2

I keep a cash register for the clients that come into my boutique. At the end of the day I print a Z report of daily sales. It contains the number of transactions, the list of products sold, the net sales amount, the taxes collected for remittance, as well as the method of payment.

I would like to know how to enter this into Wave without a loss of information. It would be great if you created a "cash register' account that I could "invoice" adding all the items sold as an invoice and recording a series of partial payments.

Comments

• TylerKTylerK Member Posts: 94 admin

Hey @DANIE! Hope your days at the boutique have been going well.

Wave doesn't offer inventory tracking so things like product sold would not be able to be imported to Wave. Most folks who use Wave track their income through invoices but you can always add income directly through the Transactions page. You could categorize the income transactions as "Daily Sales" but I understand that may not give you the level of insight you'd like.

• DANIEDANIE Member Posts: 2

Thank you for the reply. I am not looking to actually track inventory, just to enter the daily sales and items sold. I wish there was a better work around as a journal entry is worse than all options.

It would be great for wave to have a specific point to enter retail sales. Thank you again for chiming in and best regards

• MikeCInIdahoMikeCInIdaho Member Posts: 2

We also have daily cash register sales. How should I categorize the account to show that income without duplicating that income with cash and credit card deposits?

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @MikeCInIdaho! If you have a cash register then I recommend checking out this Wave guide on how to handle petty cash! It should walk you through the steps you can take to set up the accounts needed and record cash sales: Keeping Track of Petty Cash.