Options

Record invoice payment and bank connection

Wyre_Web_DesignWyre_Web_Design Member Posts: 11

Hi,

I send invoices to clients via wave and when I get paid from a client via bank transfer I record the invoice payment and it adds it to my accounting transactions (which is correct) but because I have my bank account connected, that also adds a transaction when it syncs with my bank, so my accounting transactions are showing 2 sales for the one payment.

I tried not recording an invoice payment so that it would not add it to the transactions but it then shows the invoice as overdue.

If I delete the bank connection transaction will it re-add it again next time it connects?

What is the solution please?

Comments

• Options
    sideflysidefly Member Posts: 10

I might be missing something in your question... However, what I do is invoice via Wave and wait for the deposit (payment) to hit my bank. Then when that transaction is imported into Wave, I assign it to the Customer invoice I created (you can scroll through and select the invoice) - in some cases I have to split the deposit across several customers if was me depositing several checks or something similar. It seems that you shouldn't do this step you mentioned: "I record the invoice payment and it adds it to my accounting transactions "

When I do the above process I mentioned, it records the payment against the invoice...it even tracks partial payments.

edited October 31, 2018
  • Options
    Wyre_Web_DesignWyre_Web_Design Member Posts: 11

Perfect! That's exactly what I needed to do.

Thank you!