Adding a Selling-Price & Buying-Cost to the same Product/Service

MammothEngineeringMammothEngineering Member Posts: 2
I would like to assign a Selling-Price and Buying-Cost to the same item, such that the Selling-Price shows up on an Invoice/Estimate and the Buying-Cost shows up on a Bill. Is this possible???

Currently, when I add a product/service that is bought and sold to a Bill, the Selling-Price shows up automatically, so I have to manually look-up the Buying-Cost and update the figure. With several items, this can be quite time consuming.

Comments

• ChillOut_2020ChillOut_2020 Member Posts: 1

I am new here and am having the same problem. I have input all the products that I am selling along with the price I am selling them for. I go to create a bill for these products and it will not let me change the price to what I paid for the items. I used QB for years with my former employer and now I am in business for myself and this app is becoming frustrating. I am a cash only small business owner and don't want to spend hours trying to keep up with the accounting part of it. Please someone answer this question. I buy boxes of items that are sold individually and the way this is set up I don't think it is going to accurately keep count of my inventory.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi there @ChillOut_2020 , thanks for your message! When adding items in Purchases > Products & Services, the price added here should be the purchasing price. If you then sell that item, you can add it in Sales > Products & Services for the sale price!