Can I receive notification of payment

SJEMarketingSJEMarketing Member Posts: 6

Hi, I'm new here and have been using Wave for some time. I'm very happy with except that I would like to receive notifications when someone pays me. Is this possible to set up?

Thanks

Comments

• mahoutmahout Member Posts: 13

SJ,

Just download the app on your phone and sign in. It will send you a push notification when an invoice is viewed **(unless it was sent and opened as a PDF) as when an invoice is **PAID!

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@SJEMarketing Aside from @mahout's suggestion (which is a good one) .. you can also make sure that you have notification enabled on that specific app in your device settings.

• SJEMarketingSJEMarketing Member Posts: 6

I have adjusted my settings but I still don't notifications when someone has paid. Does it need to be linkedin to my bank account for this to happen?

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

@SJEMarketing I just sent you a DM so I can check the email you use in our system to see what might be preventing these notifications from getting to you. As long as you are getting paid via either Payments by Wave or Stripe integrated into Wave, you should be receiving payment emails.

• Brent_OntraxBrent_Ontrax Member Posts: 15

If your clients are paying you via the Wave integrated solutions then you should be getting email notification, I receive them from Stripe (if it used), BUT if clients are paying you via Direct Transfer then no chance unless the bank has a means of sending you notification to say that there is activity on your account, and you then have to manually update your Invoice status as Paid.

• DavidFDavidF Member Posts: 2

Im having the exact same problem...been like this for years now.I have Push notifications setup but Im not getting anything..No emails, no notifications, only way to find out if I got paid is to look at my bank account...

Can someone help please?

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @DavidF, thanks for reaching out. Can you check if the correct email address is on your Wave account? The one that you originally set up the account with is the email that should be receiving updates from Wave. You can check this by selecting your business name in the top left of your account, close to the bottom of that dropdown will tell you the email you are signed in on. If you need to update that email you can select Manage your Profile from that dropdown > Emails & Connected accounts

You may also need to double check your spam/junk boxes to ensure that emails are not getting lost in there. Please let me know if you need anything else :smile:

• DavidFDavidF Member Posts: 2

Thanks Zoe, and yes, I checked that a while ago and just checked again...email is right and no spam... I get nothing😞

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @DavidF, what email service provider do you use? If you haven't done so, I'd also recommend adding mailer@waveapps.com as a trusted contact/domain. If you're okay with it, you could also send over a DM with the email you use for Wave and we can dig in further. Unfortunately there isn't much we will be able to see if it's being weeded out after it hits the email server, but we can check to see if it is bouncing back before that!

• springforthfarmncspringforthfarmnc Member Posts: 5
    Hi have a similar issue. I get a push notification from the Wave Invoices App when an invoice is viewed but not when it is paid. How can I get a push notification when I get paid as well? This question is specifically about Invoices App notifications, not emails. Thank you.
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @springforthfarmnc

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with our App! As a start, we can go through some initial troubleshooting to see if we can help you resolve the problem.

• Try closing and re-launching the app.
    • Log out and back into the app.
    • Check to make sure that you're connected to a cellular data or WiFi network.
    • Ensure that you've turned on permissions from the settings menu of your device.
    • Restart your device.

If and when you re-add the app be sure to select the "enable notifications" that might pop up on your phone during installation. Let us know!