Account Reconciliation not working

christinewchristinew Member Posts: 2

All reconciliation work was done for 2017/2018, the Wave account was balanced and reflected the details of our checking account. Now, for some reason, the Wave Account Reconciliation overview shows problems (not reconciled) each month, no changes to any monthly entries, Wave end of each month is correct but overview shows problems.

Comments

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@christinew Within Wave, the reconciliation feature does not have a lock on it. This means that if an additional transaction is created at some point within your bookkeeping or removed (likely in error), this will result in all of the other completed months, now showing as unbalanced. Your best bet would be to take a look at the earliest month that is now unreconciled (based off of your screenshot it seems to be May 2017 or sooner) and take a closer look at that month specifically.

Alternatively, there is a drop down for the account that you are reconciling in the top right corner. Can you please ensure that this reflects the account that has been reconcile? Sometimes, the account is changed to an account that has not been reconciled, and the previously reconciled accounts still are marked as such.

• stinsonstudiosstinsonstudios Member Posts: 1

This is pretty obvious.
    Is there a way to fix this?
    This type of stuff waists a lot of time and makes it impossible to use the software.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @stinsonstudios . I've taken a look at how your data flows on the back end and I've tweaked something to see if this fixes it. Let me know if you're still seeing issues!