Options

Receipt Bulk Edit

LLoLLo Member Posts: 2

Is there a way to do bulk editing of receipts? I have multiple receipts for one merchant (aka Uber) every month and it is very time-consuming to update categories and payment account for each. Maybe allow a drop down to add "vendors" as merchants with preferences prepopulated? Ex: Uber is always Travel Expense and paid with cash on hand.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    LLoLLo Member Posts: 2

Why doesn't the merchant on receipts transfer as a 'vendor" in transactions? It transfers as "description". Also, it would be helpful to bulk edit additional details in transactions like a bulk change to "owner draw".

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @LLo. As of right now, there isn't a way to bulk edit receipts within our app (although this is something that could be implemented in the future, our product team would need to discuss how they could create this feature). For the Merchant being transferred to vendor instead of description, this is definitely a good point, especially if you have already created the vendor in Wave -- I'm wondering if it would be possible to create recognizable text based on the vendor information you've created. Alas, this is something that needs to be looked into by our development team as well.

For bulk editing transactions, you should simply be able to click on the transactions themselves, select 'edit' and change the categories for these transactions (see screenshot).

• Options
    VenexianoVenexiano Member Posts: 3

Hi, guys please add this feature it is essential! Your answer is not correct, we are talking about READY receipts BEFORE they become transactions. I have 200 receipts that all belong to "furniture" and I have manually to change the category for each of them! this is crazy! Please allow bulk modification of receipts, I cannot believe it is not there!!!

• Options
    OuterCityOuterCity Member Posts: 2

I am so surprised this hasn't been added. The pain of going through 200+ postage receipts - all with the same category. And then gas receipts.

Is there maybe a way to have certain vendors automatically be applied a category? This would be a satisfactory solution for many of these issues - obviously many vendors will go under multiple categories (i.e. - Costco) but this would be a viable solution for at least 80% of my business.

• Options
    KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @OuterCity , at this time Wave does not have a feature which allows certain vendors to be automatically applied with a category. That being said, I do appreciate you sharing your feedback as well as how this affects you specifically.