Options

Can't Save invoice when adding large notes

BossBBossB Member Posts: 2

If you need to add terms & conditions to your invoices the only way I can see to do it is using the Notes/memo field at the bottom.
If you get over approx 500 words it is unable to save the invoice and just hangs. The "save & continue" button becomes greyed out with no error message.

Is there another way to add lengthy terms & conditions and licencing information to invoices?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @BossB. I just went through my test account and was able to add more than 500 words+ on the memo/notes section on a particular invoice. You can always add the memo/note to the invoice itself, or if you go to the Settings > Invoice Customization section, you should be able to add terms & conditions for all invoices that you send out. Could you please confirm that this is happening on the web software or the app? Also, if it's happening on the web software -- it could be a simple browser issue (please try using Chrome with cleared cached data/cookies to see if this allows you to save the invoice). Please let me know when you get a chance!

• Options
    BossBBossB Member Posts: 2

Wave have already responded to me and recognised the issue, stating that:

"We’re aware of the issue you’ve reported, and our developers are hard at work on a solution. Unfortunately, we don’t have an exact timeline for when this work will be completed"

Should be a simple fix.

• Options
    JulianG_2005JulianG_2005 Member Posts: 3

Thanks so much for the help.
    I've tried in Chrome on Desktop as suggested and it seems it's not that issue.
    It works when you don't convert an estimate to an invoice and instead create a new invoice with long notes in settings.