Linking transaction as bill payment

TmacTmac Member Posts: 1

I sent a wire and am now trying to classify the transaction as a bill payment. However, when "Payment sent for a Bill in Wave" under the category drop down box, the Bill I'm looking to link to is not shown, but other Bills are. What am I missing. Help!?

Comments

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Tmac. If you have the bill listed as unpaid in Wave, it should definitely appear under the categorization section - if it's still not showing after you've confirmed that the bill is, in fact, unpaid.. we will need to do a bit of investigating on our end. Could you please send me a DM with your business name and email address so I can take a look at your account? Thanks!

• restorarestora Member Posts: 1

I'm going to revive this thread, because I'm dealing with the same issue. I currently have 8 unpaid bills in my account, but only 2 are showing up under Payment Sent for a Bill in Wave in the Category field. I'm pretty dependent on this feature working because I need to be able to connect an invoice or receipt to all of my bills.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @restora , thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble here. It sounds like this may be a glitch in your account, which will require some investigation. I would recommend submitting a request to our Support team, where a dedicated agent can dig into your unique case with you.

• CSHRPFinanceTeam01CSHRPFinanceTeam01 Member Posts: 1

Good day,

We have a situation where after uploading our bank transactions, for the 2 banks in Wave, only the USD bank account transactions have the option **Payment Sent for a Bill in Wave **in the Category field. The JMD bank transactions do not display this option. Can you explain to us why this is happening?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding. Our support team tries to answer within a few business days, but we are experiencing very high volumes right now and we're working extra hard to make sure that everyone's questions are answered. Thanks for your patience!

Unfortunately at this time Wave cannot attribute a payment to an invoice with a different currency. What we typically ask of our users to do is simply go to the the invoice and record a payment to their account. This will populate a new transaction in the currency of the invoice. The invoice will also be marked as paid. You can then delete the bank imported transaction that you were trying to associate with an invoice, as there will be redundant income transactions on your transactions page.

Our team is fully aware of this matter and we're looking into making sure that this type of transaction will be reconciled moving forward!