Options

iPad app not optimized

TLCINC_18TLCINC_18 Member Posts: 19

I do try and use my iPad Pro as much as I can when I'm traveling, it's just a nicer work surface than the iPhone for my remote office tasks. The iPad apps for Wave Receipts and Wave Invoices are direct iPhone ports. They are not full screen, they do not rotate to landscape and I would love to see the WaveApps optimized for iPad.

Thanks You

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@TLCINC_18 Thanks for your feedback! I definitely agree that it would be great for the Wave invoicing and receipt apps to be optimized for iPad. Can you think of any other ways that you'd like the mobile app to be adjusted for iPad usability?

• Options
    TLCINC_18TLCINC_18 Member Posts: 19

Currently the iPad app is just an enlarged version of the iPhone app. How about Waveapps take advantage of the screen real-estate of tablets (like the iPad). Maybe put a popup Menu bar on the left, or put several things on the screen like you do with the website interface.
    Here's an example from the Etrade app for iPad:

There's plenty of screen space to take advantage of. Having just the iPhone app blow up to pre-schooler size on the iPad is not an iPad app, it's lazy. Proper iPad versions require development, but would make this useful for iPad users on the go.

Also, have it work in landscape mode as well as portrait.

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @TLCINC_18, thanks for that context! We definitely agree that our apps can be improved on for iPads.

I will pass your feedback onto our Product Team and we will be sure to update this thread as soon as there is any news! Thanks :smile:

• Options
    dandiesdandies Member Posts: 5

Even just optimizing Waveapps on Safari for iPad would be a great improvement. Might be the easier solution at first without having to worry too much about sync and stuff like that. There are small things that don't work right now, which are really annoying. E.g. (in the old interface) under transactions the button to the right of the "verified" checkmark (where you can split a transaction, move it to another business) doesn't work.

Get iPad Safari supported and all I need to do is put a shortcut on my home screen and it is almost as good as a n app (not quite, but it would be better than right now with what I believe minimal effort from Waveapps)