Options

Tourism + Caribbean = Help me?

CenusHindsCenusHinds Member Posts: 2
Hi guys,

I'm a young entrepreneur from the Caribbean Island of St. Vincent and the Grenadines (probably never heard of it... But it's there... It's even on Google maps :).)

I have a tourism startup that's, well, essentially airbnb experiences for the Caribbean (airbnb experiences are EXTREMELY under represented or non-existent in most Caribbean nations).

I would love if anyone can give pointers on marketing?

Our target audience are adventure seeking travelers, or any traveler that's looking to have unique and culturally specific experiences within the Caribbean while being safe and not emptying out their bank account.

For reference you can check the website www.thecariway.com
edited March 31, 2021 in Using Wave

Comments

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@CenusHinds Welcome to the Wave Community! I've never personally been to St. Vincent and the Grenadines but I once had a colleague that was from there.

In terms of your marketing question, I don't directly have an answer, but I know that the Wave Team recently did a Facebook Live event with Sammy, Grace, and Ray from our Marketing Team. I wonder if that might help with some insight! You can take a listen to that here: https://www.facebook.com/WaveHQ/videos/vb.139951826030945/2000565603579824/?type=2&theater

• Options
    TimKTimK Member Posts: 41 ✭✭

Blogging. Blogging. Blogging.

Write and post relevant articles on your site. Make sure you are hitting subjects that your clientele would be searching for. You want Google to rank your site highly on these subjects so that when people search for "caribbean adventure" (or whatever) you show up in the results. And make sure your site is optimized for search engine results. There are many sites out there offering tips and tools to do just that.

Take a visit to www.vacationsoup.com - it is geared towards helping vacation rental owners market their properties outside of VRBO and AirBnB, but it should work the same for your business.

Good luck.

Tim

@CenusHinds said:
    Hi guys,

I'm a young entrepreneur from the Caribbean Island of St. Vincent and the Grenadines (probably never heard of it... But it's there... It's even on Google maps :).)

I have a tourism startup that's, well, essentially airbnb experiences for the Caribbean (airbnb experiences are EXTREMELY under represented or non-existent in most Caribbean nations).

I would love if anyone can give pointers on marketing?

Our target audience are adventure seeking travelers, or any traveler that's looking to have unique and culturally specific experiences within the Caribbean while being safe and not emptying out their bank account.

For reference you can check the website www.thecariway.com

• Options
    KathleenKathleen Member Posts: 1

Hi Guys,
    I would like to suggest that same as Tim. Build a website to attract leads. You can even go for paid marketing ie Google Ads and other paid platforms. Before dwelling into anything you need to have a online presence.

Get a neat website done, go for digital marketing and of course SEO should be your go to choice for getting quality leads.