Is there any way to add a subtotal to an invoice

KontrivedMediaKontrivedMedia Member Posts: 7

I'm self employed and need to add my pension contributions and companies contributions which are deducted from my invoice. I've added the pension to the invoice then after this I remove the personal and company contribution. But it would make the invoice look a look clearer if I was able to sub total before adding in the deductions.

Comments

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @KontrivedMedia that is a great suggestion! We're working on improving invoice customization at the moment, so this feedback is great for our Product Team to consider!

• KontrivedMediaKontrivedMedia Member Posts: 7

Thanks @Samd sounds interesting, do you have a feature list or a timeline of improvements that you are adding to Wave, where we can keep a track off?

Thanks.

• ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

Hi @KontrivedMedia, we don't currently keep a public log of feature requests or timelines, but we have definitely been looking into some things that would keep our users more up to date on our release/development news. Thank you for bringing up your interest!

• Betsy_AZRiderSWBetsy_AZRiderSW Member Posts: 1

EXCELLENT question! I was going to ask it myself. A Subtotal function is useful for numerous reasons & will likely be quite helpful to many of your Wave clients.

Absolutely, how would we get this in as a feature request?
  • ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

@KontrivedMedia I've already submitted this as a request on your behalf, so no action required on your part!

Brilliant thank you Erik

• DawnKDawnK Member Posts: 1

Any news of progress on this feature request since last year?

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @DawnK -- As of right now, we still don't have any immediate plans in building out this feature as our priorities lie within improving reconciliation and continuing migration for our users. Once we have an update regarding this feature, we will be sure to let our users know!

• PotterGHPPotterGHP Member Posts: 1

Agreeing that a subtotal feature would be SUPER helpful. Please let us know when this rolls out. Thanks!

• KPeakeKPeake Member Posts: 2

Subtotals and also ability to resize the description section in the viewing/entry mode. :-) Just found Wave recently and am playing around to see if switching from QBO will be a good choice.

• oniStudiooniStudio Member Posts: 1

Would love to have a subtotal option! Especially when creating invoices where I have 50% paid deposit and 50% net 30. Is this something that will be a feature in the near future?