Reports not showing ALL expenses

VinceCoombsVinceCoombs Member Posts: 5

Hi people,

I run a property rental company...

Rent comes in and Mortgages, Repairs, wages goes out...

When I run my monthly report for Invoice by customer, all is ok (all rents show up)

When i then run my monthly expense by vendor, not all my expenses show up (mortgage payments are missing)

Any idea how to track this problem down >>>

Happy to pay if i need to...

Regards

Vince Coombs

Comments

• VinceCoombsVinceCoombs Member Posts: 5

**UPDATE **

It may be because we don't have RECURRING entry for Bills that repeat each month??

I created one invoice of each mortgage at the start of the year (12x monthly amount) and then payoff bill each month.

• VinceCoombsVinceCoombs Member Posts: 5

**UPDATE 2.0 **

STOPPED USING INVOICES

When doing bank Rec, log expenses against new Vendor (house name, Expenses) under Property Management

Seems to work for the reports,...

• James_HudsonJames_Hudson Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi Vince, I don't know of any bugs that would cause the expenses by vendor report to not work, so I think this can be solved in the Transactions or Bills pages if you haven't solved it already!

In order for a bill or transaction to be recorded to the report, the vendor will have to be added either directly to the bill, or to the details of the transaction in the Transactions page.

If a vendor has been added and you don't see it in the report, it may have to do with the date range of the report. An expense is recorded from the date of the saved bill, rather than when it was paid, so try adjusting the range to account for the bill date, rather than the payment date.

If this still doesn't work, can you post some screenshots? One of the bill or transaction that's not showing, and one of the report. Thanks!

• KatesHereKatesHere Member Posts: 5
    Hi @James_Hudson ! I find the same problem!! And today is the last day to hand those 1099 forms. I’m freaking out because I need to run the report in order to get them done! The report is not showing all of my vendors. For some reason, it’s showing one, out of almost 10..
    This Vendor (that is showing) was added today.. other than that, it was added the same way the others were added. And they’re all showing on the Vendors page...
    Please help!!
  • SAM718SAM718 Member Posts: 2

@KatesHere I am having the same issue. I just added a contractor today and the form is showing 0.

• KatesHereKatesHere Member Posts: 5
    @SAM718 , I just hope someone sees this and helps us “today” before it’s too late..
  • ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

Hey @SAM718 @KatesHere, sorry that we weren't able to reach you sooner. However, I'd still like to help if you're still looking for it. Would you be able to confirm that you followed our guidelines for recording bills and contractor payments as laid out here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016410751-How-to-add-and-pay-contractors

• zziwazziwa Member Posts: 1

i am having trouble loading my vendor and customer reports they are giving a feed back <error loading information or giving me nil results and the link @Erik is broken cant access it)

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @zziwa

A lot of the time, this can be fixed by tweaking some things in your internet browser. Wave supports the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. We'd also recommend that you try using Wave with browser extensions disabled. If you have Chrome, try opening up an incognito window, logging into your Wave account, and try again (or if you have Firefox, open a private browsing window).

If that doesn't work, you may also need to clear your cache and cookies. You can read more about the browsers we support, and how to troubleshoot issues for your individual browser HERE. If you are still having problems or if you have any other questions, please get in touch.

• BeauchicBeauchic Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    i am facing an issued, when i clicked Purchases > Bills, - there is no data shows up, just blank page.
    when i clicked Create Bills, it also shows blank page.

Troubleshoot:
    1. i have clear cache - but still the same issued.
    2. i open in incognito windows - showing the same blank as well.

i have attached 2 images and please advise what should i do?
    Thank you.

• giftedmidfieldergiftedmidfielder Member Posts: 5

I'm experiencing a similar issue. From the 1st of July onwards, none of my expenses are showing up in Sales Tax/VAT reports.

Anything before the 1st of July shows up fine but nothing after this date. Wave don't offer support to the UK and their "chatbot" is a waste of everyone's time.