Options

Detailed Sales tax Report

nirmaynirmay Member Posts: 2

before the recent change, I could look for detailed sales tax report where for each of the invoice I would get taxable amount and the tax paid. Now, in the new system, there is no detailed sales tax report, which means I really cant correlate invoice wise taxable amount and the tax paid.

this is a blocker for all my tax compliance

Comments

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@nirmay Thanks for bringing this up. I'd love to hear a little more about the tax compliance implications of not having access to this sort of detail per invoice. I know that the updated version shows totals per Sales Tax but if you could tell me more about the value of having detail per invoice, I can pass this on to our Product Team, or maybe help with other workarounds within Wave

• Options
    Larrybob_1057Larrybob_1057 Member Posts: 5

in my sales tax report there are no purchases there even though I added a whole years worth of purchases that we made...it only shows invoices we billed out

• Options
    nirmaynirmay Member Posts: 2

Thanks @JordanFromWave for your response.

I will try to make it simpler. When I click on Sales tax report, among other columns I see "Sales subject to tax" (what I called taxable amount) and Tax Amount on Sales. This is all good.

When I click on any of the taxes I have added for my account. I only see Date, Desc, Tax (Debit/Credit). This does not help, because "Sales subject to tax" for each of those line items is missing. This is critical for cases where we need to do further compliance reports based on that information. Earlier I used to export the detailed Sales tax report and present it other scripts/tools, but now taxable amount is not presented (the cumulative taxable amount is of little value) . I have no other means but to look at each invoice, which significantly reduces the value of this system.

hope this helps
    Thanks

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @nirmay,

Thanks for taking the time to flesh that out! Heads up @Justin_A, this is probably territory that you can speak to with more insight^.