Open invoice not showing up in Transactions

john_NZjohn_NZ Member Posts: 3

Hi there, I have an issue where a client has made a payment for 2 invoices as a single lump sum. No problem, in the transactions I can just split the transaction and select each of the invoices that the payment covers except that one of the transactions - for an invoice not yet due isn't showing up. It was there but I mistakenly coded the full payment from the client to it by accident, I removed the recorded payment from the invoice so that it shows unpaid again but now when I go back to the transactions screen and try to split the payment that invoice isn't there to code to.

Comments

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@john_NZ It sounds as though the issue here is that you have received funds that you will likely be using as a credit towards an upcoming recurring invoice that has not yet been generated. If this is the case, you'd likely want to create an additional account in your chart of accounts that you can store these funds in until the invoice is generated. Typically users will use a Liability account (Credit Card) or an Asset Account (Cash and Bank) as both will be considered payment accounts. Once the invoice is generated, you can then categorize the transaction to the appropriate invoice

• john_NZjohn_NZ Member Posts: 3

Hi @JordanFromWave No the invoice has been generated (it's a recurring invoice so auto generates) and is sitting in my invoices due list so I can see the invoice that I want to allocate the funds against but it doesn't show in the transaction list when I go to split the payment, an overdue one for the client does but not the next one. All other future invoices for other clients are in the list, just this single one missing.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @john_NZ ! I would like to take a deeper look into why you are unable to match that invoice with the payment that has been added to your account. Could you please send me a DM with your email address as well as your business name so I can take a further look here?

• anakcreatesanakcreates Member Posts: 1

Hello!
    Has there been a resolution to this? I am having the same problem, I have an open invoice but yet I can't see it when I go to set the category of a transaction that fills that invoice, it doesn't show up under the Outstanding Invoices.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @anakcreates

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. This might be a better issue escalated to our support team through a ticket. But first, can you try Clearing your browsers Cache and Cookies then trying to do this action again? I'm curious if your browsers cache is still hanging onto old data that is preventing it from appearing in your dropdown selection.

If this doesn't work, head to our support page and file a ticket with our team. Kindly provide them with the following details:

1. Invoice number
    2. Invoice amount
    3. Screenshots of the overdue invoice
    4. Screenshot of the amount not appearing in your drop down list for your category.

Thanks so much!

• rbugrbug Member Posts: 1

I've got the exact same problem. Have an invoice that the client has paid but accidentally delete the payment in the Invoice tab. Now, that particular invoice no longer shows up as outstanding in the drop down (transaction window). I can't associate the correct payment with it.